Above: our team's mission statement and picture.
"The angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.'"
God is more concerned with our trust in Him than us knowing all of the answers. In response, I'd rather be part of His grand plan than attempt to make Him part of mine.
"They said, 'Rabbi' (which means 'Teacher'), 'where are you staying?'
'Come', He replied, 'and you will see'." -John 1:38b-39a
Keith models this mantra wonderfully by offering plenty of surprises.
- we were told we were going to lead a group kayaking down the river, two days before it happened!
- a trip to the Majestic Theater to watch a play of Beauty & the Beast.
- surprise trip to watch the new Left Behind movie together.
- an unexpected day on the Guadalupe river to get to know each other, followed by a night of camping!
- tickets to a Baylor/UT volleyball game
- we have yet to find a location for our missions trip in February! God will certainly provide.
- never knowing what my schedule is going to be like a week from now.
- many, many more!
In retrospect, God always proves Himself faithful. Reading through the Old Testament paints the big picture of God's faithfulness to His promises and character and has helped me trust that God will show Himself faithful through the Team this year.
You can be praying for me:
- that Truett and I would learn to communicate better with each other. It seems like everything he says to me is an attempt to shut me down. We are clearly very different people. I hope to be at a place where I can communicate peacefully with him.
- that God would provide a place for the Team to go on our missions trip this February!
- that God would provide a niche for me on the team where I would be best suited to love others in boldness.
Thanks!
-Dani
P.S. Here is some footage from the high ropes course at camp. This video is of me and Alysa going off the
Leap of Faith.

No comments:
Post a Comment